Preparations have begun for the 2019 Annual National Management Conference. In view of this, we wish to request all interested Zones to officially express in writing, to the Registrar/Chief Executive, their interests in hosting the 2019 Conference in their zones.
The letter which should be signed by the Zonal Chairman should reach the Registrar on or before 19th of November 2018. This is to allow for the inspection of the facilities available at the proposed venues from November 2018 to January 2019.
Please find Below, the criteria that must be met by the selected venue.
- Minimum of 2,500 persons
- Space for registration of delegates, capable of accommodating 250 people at a time and 20 registration tables.
- Adjourning halls for catering
- Space for syndicate group discussions
- Exhibition space
- Adequate Car Park
- IT Friendly venue
||Safety and Security
- Security status of town/city
- Availability of security personnel (Police, road safety, bomb squad, etc.)
- Stability of power supply, water and other utilities
- Experience of officials of the host zone
- Written commitment of the proposed LoC
- Support staff from LoC
- Airport not more than 1hr 30 mins to venue
- Good tarred roads
- Availability of communication networks
||Strong NIM membership base
- Strong Membership base at the zone
||Hotels available around the venue
- Provide NIM Management with a list of 20 or more good hotels and negotiate special discount for delegates
- Enough hotel rooms to accommodate resource persons, council members and delegates
- Availability of at least 15 renowned caterers
||Availability of Sponsors
- Possible support of State Government
- Cash donations
- Donation of non-cash items
- An expectation of a minimum of N5 million donations in cash and kind.
- Availability of landmarks and locations for sight-seeing
- Comparative advantage of zone
- Special considerations
- Availability of Medical Team, Ambulance and Medical Supply
||Protocol and Logistics
- Availability of buses & cars for Principal Officers & delegates
- Movement of delegates from Airport to the venue and tourism sight