August 1, 2019
August 2, 2019
AddressAbuja, Nigeria View map
Women are an underutilized source of educated and high value talent. Today’s workplace is yet to fully embrace female form of power and leadership, or leverage the unique perspective and strength that women can bring to the table. Women appear to have systematically underestimated their leadership and management abilities.
The WIMLEAD Summit is designed to provide a regional and sectoral platform for professional women both members and non-members of the Institute. The summit will bring together women across industries and generations to address today’s pressing issues such as breaking barriers, navigating change, mentoring and unlocking opportunities for younger women.
While a few women have been able to attain leadership success even at the highest level, many talented women with great leadership potentials struggle and juggle to survive. This can be linked mainly to lack of adequate mentoring by more experienced women.
The 2019 NIM WIMLEAD summit offers a platform for high-impact learning experience that will help women build confidence and inspire them to accelerate the advancement of their careers and build critical leadership skills to position them for the top. We will be looking critically into mentoring at the work place. A communique will be written and advocacy will be made to the government through the Institute on vital issues that affect women at the work place and in national leadership
OBJECTIVES OF THE SUMMIT
The Summit will precede the Women In Management and Leadership Conference, which comes up in Nov 2019.This Summit is designed to be a technical section to create a unique interactive experience that supports the goal of broadening women’s perspective with particular focus on advancing their career and business goals. It aims at:
- Addressing important factors relevant to women’s advancement and sustainable success in their career and/or business.
- Strengthening women’s emotional intelligence to engage, lead and motivate others.
- Assisting women to cultivate a professional brand that is in alignment with their core values and strengths.
- Exposing women to career and leadership perspective for success.
- Helping women to manage the demands of advancement into the context of whole life.
The Summit will provide participants with powerful information and profound insights that will make a lasting positive impact in their lives and careers. At the end of the Summit, participants will:
- Understand and work out personal solutions to address real leadership issues facing women;
- Strengthen and broaden their management and leadership skills;
- Gain awareness and knowledge of current best practices in leadership;
- Acquire financial acumen;
- Explore strategies of exceptional leaders, and
- Learn tactics for building effective, supportive professional network.
VENUE: Abuja, FCT
DATE: Thursday, August 1- Friday, August 2, 2019
N30, 000 (thirty thousand naira only). Payable to NIM Zenith Bank Account 1010341253
Please note that attendance attracts 5 credit points for NIM members